Today Don went to play golf with his dad. His almost 91 year old dad. What a sweetheart his dad is, and how great for both of them that they get to spend the day doing what they both enjoy, together. I know how happy that it makes his dad because I know how happy it makes me when I spend time with Mikey and Sarah. : )
With Don gone, that meant that I had the house all to myself. Of course Bubba was here and, as usual, he stayed close by. You know what I ended up to doing? Drum roll, please.............. I cleaned house. I know, it's ridiculous and my mother would be ashamed. I will start off by apologizing to Mom: "I am sorry Mom." That is not the way that you raised me. You preached and preached to me about taking time out for myself; it's not selfish. It's about being a better person for yourself and others. Seizing the moment when it stares you in the face and taking it while you can.
So I cleaned house: the moving the furniture around-sweeping-mopping-vacuuming-the-furniture kind of cleaning. This is okay because today cleaning made me happy. I will savor the clean house while I can because it won't last long, which is fine. It took me a while to relax and realize that we live in a home, not a house which I prefer. The difference, in my opinion? A house has everything in its' place, no clutter, no dirt, no cat hair. One that doesn't look loved and lived in. I would rather have the home with a door mat with the leaves that are tracked in, (Who can keep up with them and who wants to waste time trying?) cat hair, and crumbs on the counter that seem to appear as soon as you wiped away the last ones. If a clean house is a requirement the next time you stop in, best give me notice because being alone today gave me a wild hair. I can't predict when it might happen next.
No comments:
Post a Comment