Monday, March 21, 2011

About five for March 21

I am ready for this week.  I found my sleep-groove on spring break so I am back.  I am so ready for about five this week... I actually have about twenty-five but I think I'm going to hold on to a few for now.

--5--
I recently became aware that the capillaries on my eyelids have burst since I was diagnosed with Glaucoma.  Ugh.  I haven't found anything that works well covering it up so sometimes I look like a raccoon. Or worse.  I look drunk or high.  That's not good.  There is an upside.  Another side effect of the drops is that your eyelashes grow.  It's kind of fun.  It's the first time in years that I've taken the time to wear mascara.  Now that my lashes are longer, I try to remember to wear mascara every day.  It accents what I feel is my best feature: my big brown eyes.

--4--
After procrastinating until the iphone $49 offer was threatened with being over, I finally bought one last week. I know that I came into the entire cell phone technology way late in the game but I am loving my iphone.  It's not the fancy new model and that is fine with me.  I am like a kid at Christmas with new toy.  For the first time in recent memory, I am figuring stuff out on my own, without peppering Mikey and Sarah full of questions.

--3--
I went to some regular old garage sales on Saturday.  I don't much anymore.  I miss going with Daddy.  It dawned on me that Daddy and I went to garage sales together for almost thirteen years. I can't express how I feel about that.  It is an extremely special gift to be able to spend time with someone that you worshiped as a child, and respected as an adult.  I am very fortunate indeed.

Back to the story.  I was in a neighborhood where I'm familiar with streets but wasn't sure about location.  Of course I whipped out my new iphone and used the Google map with directions.  Then I thought how great it would be to have Daddy's reaction to that.  It would be hilarious. He would ask to see it, look at it and not believe it, so he'd pitch it out the window.  Not in a vicious, just  not believing it.

--2--
I keep meaning to tell John thanks again for daily pill box that he gave me.  I love everything about it: it makes it impossible to forget my pills, and it's shouts: I'M A LITTLE OCD BUT I'M DAMN PROUD!
It's great.  Not only does it feed my need to organize something but I no longer forget to take my vitamins.

--1--
Tomorrow is the date that we have always celebrated Bubba and Casper's birthday.  The women in Porter that we bought them from said that they were born the last week of March.  We picked the 22nd the first March that we had the kittens.  Sarah has Bubba's facebook showing it as March 26.  Sounds to me like we're going to be celebrating Bubba's birthday all week long.  Nom, nom, nom... kittah pie.  Happy Birthday Bubba!
Bubba catching a few pre-day zzzzzzz
On this darn fine first day of Spring, I bid you adieu.  What do you think of this photo of my Aloe Vera I like to call,
Side-Show Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment