Sarah rolled in late last night from New Orleans. Mikey texted me this morning around ten to let me know that he was heading home. Precisely an hour and a half later, I heard the side door open and the sound of his happy whistling. Sarah, not one to get up before noon unless she has to, is asleep.
Don is fighting Russians (nuclear war, I'm guessing...) in the suburbs of Washington, D.C. making our country safe. (I am not mocking here. I don't know details.) Hmm, there may be a conflict of interest there. Do I remember mom frantically searching for food and supplies at J. Wiggins for the Russian Army?
This is how I like it best: all my family, under one roof. I cleaned the back patio and puttered. I am anxious to hear about Sarah's trip but I know that I will after she has caught up on her sleep. By late afternoon Sarah was awake and up. She stuck her head out the back window and called me to come inside. She brought me a present!
Chicory Coffe from Cafe' Du Monde, and Nurse Nan's Hot Sauce. Sarah is extremely thoughtful. She always remembers me when she's away. Once, when she went to the Houston Zoo, she bought a thimble for me at the gift shop because she knows that I collect thimbles. What a wonderful quality: thinking about others when you are out having a good time, then picking up a gift for them. She knows that I love coffee. Why the hot sauce? She knows that I am Nan not Nancy and YES!, I am all about big boobs. What a sweetie!
Has anyone else been sleeping wonky because of the time change? Ugh. I'm an hour later than normal falling asleep at night which means I'm sleeping later the next morning. I don't like this; it throws me off. Fortunately it's spring break so I don't need to get up early but I don't like it. Quiet house, early morning is my time. Wonky sleep makes for a wonky day makes for a wonky Nan. HA-HA! Yea, that's me.
I am praising God, Buddha, medical science, virtually anyone who wants to claim responsibility for my recovery. My gigantic bruise has gone from looking like a field of flowers in a Monet, to a wet colored-chalk drawing. I thought about posting a picture but it's in kind of a personal place... Most of the wounds are healing and the bruises are fading away. All in all, I am not nearly as colorful as I was. What a pity. Shoot. Who I am kidding? I won't be bruise-free for long. That is always something you can count on.
No comments:
Post a Comment