Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Getting old

When I was a little, I wasn't one of those kids that thought about getting older.   In fact, the only "future" thought I had related to figuring out what age I would be in the year 2000.  Once I had that figured out, I moved on.  :)  I have always lived in the moment.  I'm a grasshopper.  That's okay because I'm married to an ant.

Now I'm getting older so I think about it, and I am often reminded of it.  As in today, because I have a pain in my neck and shoulders.  Honestly, it could be the way I slept last night.  You know how it happens:  you crash and you're comatose until the alarm goes off.


Honestly, it's more likely because I haven't done my push-ups in about a week.  I skip a day, get out of the habit until the next morning when I wake up in pain.

It's not bad, it's just enough discomfort to get my attention.  It reminds me to drop down, do 30 push-ups and a few sit-ups, because that little bit of exercise keeps me feeling like an energetic little grasshopper.


Nan - June, 1963

No comments:

Post a Comment