--5--
I misplaced my hot pink Moleskin and it's driving me nuts because it hold my notes. I know it's here because I don't leave home with it. I'm sure it's a casualty of the pitching and cleaning out Sarah and I have been doing. I've moved things from the second floor to my office where I can spread out and decide what gets donated, gets listed on Craigslist and what gets set on fire. I am sure as sh*t that I will find that hot pink Moleskin underneath some creepy little stuffed animals (Disclaimer here: I LOVE stuffed animals, still have all six doll-dolls, Pooh bear and more.) These I'm referring to are cheap beany baby knock-offs that resemble aliens. I need that Moleskin; it has notes, reminders, meaningful par-fa-nelli. So my misplaced Moleskin is the incentive to clear the office of little animal aliens. I say: whatever it takes.
--4--
Sarah is a FREAKING GENIUS! We are currently playing two scrabble games (via iphones) after having finished a game early last week. SHE'S KILLING ME! BOTH GAMES! I know it's all about the letters that you're dealt, but even when mine are perfect, hers are better and she uses them well. I'm having a ball, it's so much fun. So until Sarah grows weary with her Mama as a weak, unworthy opponent, I will continue to (enjoy!) be flogged/play with Sarah.
--3--
I've been thinking recently about watching all of our old home movies, the ones of Sarah and Mikey, what we around here call "B-TV". It would take hours over several days but I know it would be worth it to see them again as toddlers. What I am afraid of is hearing me. It could get stressful at times, looking after two toddlers and two elderly people, and I'm sure that I yelled too much. In spite of that, I think that it's time for a B-TV marathon.
--2--
Today is my 60th blog post. I know, hard to believe isn't it? Clearly I have quite a bit to say, what with being a talker, but it never occurred to me that I could put my words on paper. I've never considered myself a writer, not that this is writing, but it's a hell of lot more than I ever thought I would do. I come from a family of writers, going back as far as my great-grandfather on my mother's side, who was in the newspaper business for 70 years in Paris, Texas. So yes, this is pretty remarkable for a doofus like me.
--1--
Today is another 60 milestone. Today is my sister Ellen's birthday. We celebrated yesterday with lunch, presents and birthday cake. In addition to being my sister, she is my friend, advisor, listener, occasional partner in crime and plant guru, among other things. She has bailed me out of situations (that she might actually have gotten me into...), taught me many life's lessons, put up with me when we were kids living at home (who wants to share a room with a sister that is nine years younger?); so many, many things but above all she loves me. After all these years that too is remarkable because with our age difference it could have gone either way. Our relationship is one that I don't take for granted and one that I value.
Happy Birthday Ellen! I love you!
![]() |
| Ellen's Handy-Work |
![]() |
| More flowers! |
![]() |
| Even more! |



No comments:
Post a Comment