Monday, April 25, 2011

About five for April 25

Hit the ground running this morning.  I got one load of laundry done, three cups of coffee in me, and my morning run finished by 8:45 which is a good sign to me.  Waking up with this level of energy, and so much accomplished so early, is the best way to start a day or even better, a week.  I stayed busy outside until early afternoon, all the while thinking of about five things to write down here.

--5--
We've been giving Bubba milk the last few days as treatment for what I'm not going into here with the gory details about, but you've got to see this.

Got Milk?/Hitler Kittah
--4--
Take a look at what my husband grew for me.


Hey now, isn't this a beauty?  If the plants get burned by the imminent heat and humidity, at least we getting a good crop for now.

--3--
Lists.  You know I love lists.  I realized recently that although Sarah has started collecting things for when she moves out, she's going to need more stuff!  I am going to make a list of needs and wants for her first home so I can pick things up at estate sales and such.   I need to make a list of needs and wants for Mikey too!  Input is welcome. If there is something you use in your kitchen that you couldn't do without and you recommend it, tell me. It might go on Sarah's list.  If you have an idea of something that Mikey might need away at school, HOLLA' and I'll put it on his list.

--2--
In addition to writing on her blog, Sarah includes pictures and videos from the internet which strike her fancy.  We both agree that pretty much anything to do with cats is acceptable.   Cats make me laugh and laughing is good.


--1--
True hair confessions.  If I wrote a book about my hair, it would be colorful.  Bada bing.  Up to the age of 21 or so, I was a brunette.  Since then I have gone from 97Blonde Clairol Nice N'Easy to shades of red, blonde, and brown; everything except goth black.  A pity.  With my fair skin and goth black hair, I would look awesome.  As tempting as that is, it's not going to happen.  It's taken two years of growing and cutting, growing and cutting, and I finally have my original brown hair.  WITH the exception of applying a brown rinse to my kinky grays, I will never color again.  It was fun and I learned quite a bit.  Brunettes do get more respect.  Blondes get respect but it's not the same.  Men do love redheads.  I could say that brunettes have more fun but I had fun regardless of color, but that's me.  The ridiculous in all of this?  I don't believe that it was ever the color of my hair that anyone noticed about me.  Sure, someone might comment about my hair but most often it's my eyes and my smile that people remark about. It's taken me over 25 years to get this. Ridiculous, right?

Catholics are right: confessions are good for the soul.  Confessed anything interesting lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment