Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Awesome, awesome day

That says it all: awesome, awesome day.  I ran "about five" miles, came back, climbed on my bike and returned two movies to the library.

After I returned home, Don and I trimmed the part of our neighbor's tree that was hanging over the fence.  Fortunately and unfortunately they don't care if we trim the trees.  I say fortunately because by doing it ourselves we can take off what we want and they don't care and probably don't even notice.  Unfortunately, because it would be nice for once, to have a neighbor that took pride in their yard.  We are surrounded by people that don't even go into their back yards. I often wonder: what's the point of having a house if you don't spend time in the yard?  Anywho, we hacked away and now I'm happy.

As I often do when I'm outside I wandered into the garage to putter and decided to see what I might pitch.  I was also looking for any of Don's old shoes that he might want to donate to Challenge's Shoe Drive.  We had gone through the closet earlier and come up with a few pairs to donate:


Bubba is not watching over the shoes.  Bubba has a leather and shoe fetish so he made a b-line for the pile.  This is when he realized that he was caught and we had not put the pile out for Bubba.


This is a photo of a cat who is comfortable with what he is:  a sick, sick kittah wiz ah nautzy, habzit.

After we recovered from the previous sight, we cleaned out some of the clutter in the garage that's been haunting me.  Happy does not begin to describe how I feel.  When we moved in here eight years ago, we pretty much threw our stuff on the shelves in the garage along side what was left of Daddy's.  Over time a few things have been used, moved around or crammed aside for more stuff.  By throwing out the obvious trash and donating some stuff, I managed to begin some organization to the garage.  Well, shoot.  I am just tickled pink with the progress.  It's not something someone off the street would notice. It is definitely most about me because I need organization and structure.  It doesn't matter to Don; he's laid back.  I'm on track now, thanks to Don's help, to getting the garage organized.  That is my kind of morning. Yea, I know. I'm weird; but being productive makes me happy.


How to finish off a day such as this:  getting exercise and puttering around?  Dinner.  I've been a cooking fool lately (with a little bit of help from my old man) so we had a choice of leftovers: Psuedo Chicken Pot Pie, Chicken Parmesan, Pork Ribs and Potato Salad, and Lentils. Not a bad spread for a family who love leftovers. My favorite is the Lentils.  I've cooked many dried beans but never Lentils so I decided I was long overdue on a dish that had to be easy.  I'm sure that I'm not saying what you don't already know:  so easy, soooo delicious and for us the first dish in a while that we all loved.  I admit when I saw the Lentils at first I wasn't too sure about how they would end up, they were so tiny compared to the tomato-ee chopped onions and carrots soup.


I suppose that's an indication of my self-confidence as a cook.  Mostly I feel good about my cooking. Sometimes when I try a new recipe that's simple, it often intimidates me more than trying a complicated recipe.

What did you have for dinner?


Like all good magic Lentils, these Lentils puffed and were nice and tasty.  At least, that was the concensus under this "here" roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment