Monday, April 18, 2011

About five for April 18

Yikes!  It's been FIVE DAYS since I last sat down here.  I feel like I've been so busy.  I have!  In addition to it having been emotional around here the past week, there was more "busy-ness" and more activity around here that kept me away from writing.  Maybe because it's Spring and I'm feeling energetic, but I got involved in more activities than usual last week.  I'm back, baby!  Last time we met, I was dreaming of a pink kitchen... well, I am still dreaming of pink in the kitchen and about five other things...

--5--
Guess what?  I'm a great-aunt!  By marriage only, but that's okay.  Don's nephew (24yrs.) was married last August.  I asked Don yesterday, "Hey, do you suppose that Geoffrey wants kids?" Don, "He's got one."  Long silence and confusion on my part.  I said, "So they're pregnant?" Too slow to answer so I said, "They adopted?"  Again, too slow to answer so I say, "What the heck?"  Don says, "Well apparently they were at the wedding but no one knew."  WHO CARES!?  I am so excited!!  Babies are wonderful and awesome and little baby miracles!  I say Yea! for everyone!

To think that he casually mentions something this exciting without knowing any details.  Men.  Oh well, I'll get the details from the sister-in-law. This is what I get for being ill and missing the wedding. I would have sensed it by looking at the bride.  The sister-in-law gets to take care of the new baby while the parents work.  What a lucky granny!

--4--
Another Yea!  I found my pink moleskin.  So very, very happy I am.  The other day I packed and listed the donations to Goodwill from Sarah's reorganization and purge.  I discovered the moleskin on a stool under a stack of clothes to be sent.  What a relief!  I knew that it couldn't have walked off too far.  Now I have my "to do list" back so this week I will be "get-to-doing" again. I think that's a yea...

--3--
Okay, I want anyone who plays Scrabble with me to know something: I do not cheat.  Apparently I've been coming up with some new and improved words in my Scrabble games with Sarah because she jokingly/casually mentioned that she wondered if I might be cheating.  I chuckled, thinking about the way that I attempt to come up with more than my usual lame 3-letter words.  If see no obvious words, I let my OCD kick in, alphabetize the letters and throw letters (as in dice) on the screen and hope (!) that they fall into something the "Game Master" allows.  I'm remembering with the board game you're not allowed to use proper names. On Facebook and Iphone I've noticed that occasionally it accepts a name. As I throw caution to the wind, I throw Scrabble tiles too and come up with words like "Tanuki" but I haven't a clue what it is.

--2--
Oh, I was thinking today (right, surprise, surprise, Nan was thinking) that I sure wish I had a little one to sew for.  Girl or boy would be fine, no preference.  I stopped into Hobby Lobby today (dangerous place for me) to pick up something and I walked through the fabric department.  I love fabric departments and fabric stores.  There is something quite wonderful about the feel of cloth on a bolt.  Maybe because it's sterile and new; not yet cut and full of endless possibilities.  I am inspired when I walk among the flannels, the fleece and the silk.  There was real Classic Winnie the Pooh, Toy Story and:


HELLO KITTY! or I as prefer to call it: HELLO KITTAH!  I love it and it makes me miss sewing for Mikey and Sarah.  Every year that Sarah was in elementary school I made a new dress for the first day.  She really loved her dresses.  I may have to go back to Hobby Lobby and get some of this cloth just in case I need to sew something for someone. You never know when you might need cloth, so it's a good idea to have fun cloth on hand.

Sarah 6yrs. (bunnies)
Mikey 3 1/2 (batman)

--1--
It's going to be here before I know it, and today Michael brought home the proof.  My baby is graduating in a little less than 7 weeks.  Geez, I start to cry just thinking about it, how am I going to be at his Commencement?  Correct answer?  Pretty much the same as at Sarah's.  I'm not ashamed, I'm emotional, I cry alot, I'm a mother.  Mothers cry about the sad stuff, so we deserve some happy tears.   Michael deserves his day and yes, it will be here in the blink of an eye.


No comments:

Post a Comment