Monday, April 4, 2011

About five for April 4

Here it is, Monday again!  The weekend really flys by when there's so much going and coming; that's when it's cool to have Monday to recover from the weekend.  Okay, those who work outside the home at a "real" job, DO NOT HATE ME because I have the luxury of being at home on Monday in which to recover.  Remember, in my job I am on call 24 hours a day.  :)

Part of my recovery?  Thinking of about five things that I need to jot down here.

--5--
Even on my old, antiquated cell phone I had the notepad feature, which I used like crazy.  Crazy because it had the old-time slow-punch key pad. Yet, when I could have bought a shiny new phone, I procrastinated until my phone was way past it's prime.  Now I have a new phone with fancy ipost-y notes.  Today I spent a few minutes transferring notes from old phone to new phone.  Along the way, I made a discovery: more than half of my notes were made sooo long ago that I have no clue as to what they mean.  Of the ones that I did recognize, they were books that I will eventually check out of the library, as for Moonwalking Einstein and Emma Room, they may be deleted from my phone but not my brain; I will wondering for days what the heck they are. NOTE to self: When using ipost-y notes, write down the details. 

--4--
I had the good fortune to have Sarah advise me on dresses and shoes yesterday.  I love clothes and shopping but I've never had any style.  When I worked, I dressed conservatively: suits and nice dresses.  Once I stayed home with Sarah and Mikey, I had little interest in clothes for myself.  It was more fun to buy clothes or sew clothes for Mikey and Sarah.  Now that I am older my tastes have changed and, I tend to favor quality more.  My love for Target is still strong but thanks to Sarah, I love me some Anthropology.  Sarah has always had a sense of style.  In fact, she is who inspires me.  Lucky for us, we mostly wear the same size which comes in handy when you need to shake up your wardrobe.

Sarah's sense of style:
Sarah Rocking Dinosaur Couture complete with Baby Do-Rag
What to wear with a belted tshirt but pink & blue high heels?
Accessories? Absolutely!
--3--
I don't have an extensive vocabulary.  I tend to use the same words over and over again to express myself, in part because at least 50% of what I communicate is through body language.  By that, I mean my hands and my arms.  Lately I've been working on improving my vocabulary, not to take my communication to the next level but because I've been playing Scrabble with Sarah via our iphones. It is so much fun!  We're on our second game and if it's like the last, clearly for me it's all about the game not the win.  Sarah wopped me something fierce on the last so you'd think I'd be done but I can't!  It's addictive!

--2--
I realize to some, that the picture of Daddy that I posted last week doesn't reflect Daddy as well as others.  I s'ppose if you asked five people what they thought when they look at that picture, I wager that you would get five different responses. What do I see?  I see his sense of humor that I miss so very much.  What else?  Never take yourself so seriously that you can't put on cool shades for your grandkids.

Mikey 17mths. & Dan-Dai 71

Sarah 9mths. & Dan-Dai 68Yrs.
--1--
Can you believe this weather?  I opened up the door onto the driveway this morning and I went, "yuk" because there was no cool feeling.  I thought shoot, you have no excuse not to run so you better do it sooner rather than later.  I waited until after the morning high school traffic and then I took off and ran about four or five miles.  It's not that it was humid, it's mostly that it was hot and I'm not ready for hot weather.  Seems like if we're going to have global warming and such, why couldn't we have longer Springs?  I know that's nuts but a girl can dream.

Sarah 4yrs. & Mikey 2yrs.  May 20, 1994

No comments:

Post a Comment