I read an entry on a blog written by a 20-something mother complaining about spending an afternoon in a "play place" because her son was attending a birthday party. That comment triggered a flood of great memories for me. When Sarah and Mikey were little, Chuckee Cheeses was about all we could afford and that was with a coupon! We would take them on a Saturday night and get all "hopped up" on pizza (not bad...) and unlimited sugary, carbonated fountain drinks. Good times. Safe, inexpensive fun.
I got news for that 20-something mother: if her son loved that play place as much as Sarah and Mikey love(d) Chuckee Cheeses, that love does not fade when they become teenagers. She better be ready to hand over the keys to the car. Or, as it happened to me: I hand over the keys and provide the vehicle with a smile, but I feel a bit sad because it hits me that they aren't inviting me to go along. I'm good. I've got my memories. I have something else that's cool. These days when Sarah and Mikey hit the local Chuckee Cheeses, Sarah makes sure that she has someone take a picture at CCs of them for me. They may love Chuckee Cheeses but they love me too. : )
![]() |
| "Sarah checking out the radio" |
![]() |
| Mikey. Look at the camera. |
![]() |
| Mikey: How yu' doin? Sarah is still wondering about that radio... June 19, 2008 Sarah 18 & Mikey 16 |



No comments:
Post a Comment