Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow day

It's freezing.  Really.  As in 32 degrees all day long.  I wouldn't have known that if I hadn't peeked out the window at the thermometer.  It doesn't bother me one nubbin (my adorable new word) because I'm sitting here all cozy in my new matching sweater and apartment pants.  Hot tea, warm house.  Sounds cozy, doesn't it?  Admit it: you're jealous.  I would be, but I would never let you know!  The thing is: I love snow.  I don't know that I would want to live in a major snow area for long, but I would love to experience one snowy winter before I die.

When the forecast mentions snow, I am thrilled.  I am like a kid all impatient and such, wanting to go out and play.  In fact, I can probably tell you exactly where I was every time it has snowed in my lifetime.

I've spent the day busy, but not focused, because every hour or so I stop what I'm doing and look out the window for snow flurries.  That got me thinking to the few times in my life that it's snowed.  This is what I came up with.
Nancy - Old 5207 Maple - 1973
Nancy - 30 yrs. old - pregnant with Sarah - 1989

Nancy - December 4, 2009 - New 5207




Then, or as Mikey used to say: "Lin", I found the best picture of all:
Sarah 4 yrs. & Mikey 20 mths. - Their first snow (5227): February 1, 1994

Apartment Pants?  Are you kidding me??  They're the best! 

No comments:

Post a Comment