Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A delightful surprise.

Some days go as planned, some days not.  Often when days don't go as expected it may mean that it went from good to bad or, from bad to worse.  Mostly for me, days go well.  Today was one of those special days.  I got to spend this day with Mikey.  Away for the day.  To say that it was unexpected is mostly true.  To say that it was an honor is all true.  I know how precious Mikey's time is right now.  Between his classes, his studying and his extracurriculars, sometimes I only get snippets of his time.  I'm not complaining.  As he would say, "Just recognize(ing)."

So, today Mikey and I spent some time together.  I value this not only because I know he's busy finishing up his senior year, preparing for and applying to colleges but because I know that by the end of August he will be taking off for parts unknown, perhaps as far away as upstate New York.

Just as I have a special relationship with Sarah, I have one with Mikey as well.  I recall asking Daddy when I was pregnant with Mikey, (I did not know the sex of the baby.) "What do I if this baby is a boy? I don't know what little boys need."  In his confident, comforting manner Daddy responded, "You will know.  You will know."  He smiled that familiar smile, that same beautiful smile that I see to this day on my son's face.  ;-)

I'm going to save the details for another day.  I'm afraid that I'm exhausted and need some rest.  I don't want to leave out a thing.  I will leave some hints.....




For now, it is time to put the husband out and the cat to bed.  I'm t'rd.  Good night and good morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment