Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Happy Hump Day

I sincerely hope that everyone is enjoying this Wednesday.  I am.  We've been busy around here since the first of February and today was the first time in a while that both of us could goof off and do nothing.  I had a bang trim appointment early this morning.  While I was out, I stopped at the local Pantry for a few perishables and at Walgreens for half-price Valentine M&Ms.  (I've been buying half-price, after-holiday candy for as long as we've been poor and frugal.  I believe the retailers have caught on.  Gone are the years when the after-holiday candy is plentiful.  A pity.)  I made my purchases and headed home.

I arrived home and put the groceries away after which Don and I decided to take the rest of the day off.  Fortunately I have leftover enchiladas that we can have dinner.  Fortunately I have a family that appreciates leftovers. :)

It was the most unproductive day I've had since my last mental health day in mid January.  Hmmm, almost a month to the day since my last mental health day.  I view it as a sign from above that taking a a spontaneous day off is healthy.

Here's to our good health!

No comments:

Post a Comment