Friday, February 18, 2011

Another mental health day

Sigh.  Another mental health day.  I am awful.  My cohort in crime is awful.  I have to admit it felt nice to take my time with my coffee and the newspaper.  It didn't hurt a bit that as I was loafing on the couch drinking coffee this morning, I glanced over at the dining room table and I saw my shiny new Macbook pro.   My Mac awaits me.

I am enjoying getting to know my Mac, but I am taking my time with it!  I am fortunate to have two knowledgeable Mac heads living with me who help me out.  It also not my first time with a Mac.  I have used my brother's Mac.

Now I have my own.  I will take it slowly, give some thought to how I would like it set up for the long run, rather than rush into something that I tire of quickly.  I have done nothing today but fiddle around on my computer.  That was after a five mile run in Memorial Park.  This morning I realized how perfect the weather was to run and, that I miss running in the park.  I'm not the kind of idiot that goes running in freezing weather.  I run in decent weather -- no extreme temperatures in either direction, so it's been a while since I've run long distances.  It went well.

So while Don has been fighting in the trenches or the wasteland or, I don't know what.... I've been coasting through another mental health day with no feelings of guilt, only peace.

This has me wondering:  Is it a mental health day when you do very little, or, Is it just that we will all eventually hit a point in life where things really do change and slow down?  Either way, I think that it's time for me to let go of the guilt and enjoy the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment