So, as I started to say earlier....
--5--
Don't know yet whether we've dodged a bullet on cold weather and busted pipes. Out of three houses, we got one call after the freeze. Don't know the full extent of the damage, but I'm optimistic that it will be okay. It always is. One way or the other.
--4--
I had a rare honor today. Sarah came home from school and had some spare time and she spent it with me! I am always aware of how precious her free time is so when she chooses to spend it with me, I feel honored. She is so incredibly bright. I could listen to her for hours. I will hold on to this warm feeling for a while.
--3--
I've been going through old papers, trying to pitch the unnecessary crapulance that seems to find its' way in. Among other things I found were some stray photographs. This is unusual for me. I am proud of my photos and my albums. They are extremely organized and up-to-date. Ask me which album a photo is in and I will tell you that 95% of the time I will find it. In record time. (I have sweet organizational skills.) Yes, I am also one of those mothers that finished the baby book. Two to be exact. I'm also thinking about making a sequel which I will call: The Lower Academic Period. Okay, I digress. Why were these photos out of the album? These photos were of Sarah and Mikey when they were much younger and I can't think of any reason why they were out, floating around. THIS is going to drive me INSANE if I don't figure this out. Much like the mystery of my missing quarter measuring cup... maybe Sarah is right: maybe we do have ghosts.
--2--
I looked at the calendar in the last day or so and noticed that February 9th is Wednesday. That is my grandmother's birthday. I loved, loved, loved my Nannie. I had the good fortune to live down the block from my grandparents and develop a close bond with both. Although it's been nearly 28 years since Nannie died, I still miss her. Happy 109th Birthday, Nannie. That sure would be a hell of a lot of candles to blow out!
--1--
Occasionally I am reminded that there are some things in life that you can be sure of and, that often they are unpleasant things like death and disease. Sometimes though, you see something that makes you know:
![]() | |
| Dan-Dai, Sarah 2 1/2 yrs., Mikey 6 wks. - July, 1992 |
that for Daddy, being a grandfather was the icing on the cake of a really blessed life. I know because he told me but sometimes a photograph says it best. The expression on his face tells me that there is no place that he would rather be than right where he's sitting. It looks like Sarah and Mikey are well on the way to developing a bond with their Dan-Dai.

No comments:
Post a Comment