![]() | |||
| Ferry Bldg. - September, 2007 |
I spent some time this morning surfing the web and found this nicely organized closet:
I like how organized it is and although black is a staple in my wardrobe, I can't help but wonder where the color is. Everyone needs color in their life. That's why I have pink.
Then there is this: http://bookshelfporn.com/ Someday I will be surrounded by books...
No snow but plenty of ice to play with. I like that Mikey isn't so old that he doesn't enjoy exploring after a winter storm.
![]() | ||
| Ice ring formed on yard light |
Back to the pantry thing. After looking at pictures of organized pantrys on the web, I am rethinking this whole project. Initially I thought because I sold some dishes which freed up space that I could get away without completely emptying the pantry. Maybe there is something to be said for starting with a clean slate: clearing every shelf in the pantry, removing it all. It would be my pantry with our name on it instead of the parents name. I would call it "Passing the pantry torch from the Wiggins' to the Wiggins-Goffs." When it was completed, we could have a ceremony with a dedication. Mikey could write about it and Sarah could photograph it. Or Mikey could stand there and frown and Sarah could photograph it and write about it later. I could stand there, ham for the camera and say witty things like, "Dahling, come into my new and improved pantry!" "Yes, I did it all myself!" "Can you imagine? The realtor thought the door to the pantry was the elevator!!"
Okay, I'm getting out of control but it seems that if I'm going to do this right, I need to take this seriously. The more that I think about it, the more that it makes sense to stop shopping at the grocery store and shop totally out of my pantry. Duh, I know. It's obvious but I mean, make a serious commitment to doing so. It would be easy to be lax and slip in a recipe that calls for four items on hand but a couple more things from the grocery store. Next thing you know, I would be sneaking out, taking the truck down to the local KGB for those couple of ingredients that I need. I believe that's what you call a slippery slope, and I always did love the slide.
This is serious, and that is how I'm going to approach it. First things first. Because I fell in love with an accountant and I've been known to put a few big numbers in little boxes myself from time to time, I will either employ LIFO (last in, first out), FIFO (first in, first out) or RANDOM (however it strikes my fancy), when deciding what to use from the pantry. I'm starting immediately and I'm using the ......... RANDOM method. I'm going to start with chocolate chips, green mint chips, brown sugar, flour, baking soda, crisco "logs" and I'm going to bake cookies.
![]() |
| Chocolate Chip & Green Mint Chip Cookies |
Happy Friday!







No comments:
Post a Comment