Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hump day observations

Woke up around 3 a.m. and decided to get up and see if the weather dudes were correct about the temp so I wandered out to check the thermometer.  Sure enough it was 26 degrees.  Awesome.  Too early to stay up so I wandered back to my nice warm bed.  Fast forward to 6:02 and the thermometer reads 22 degrees.  How low will it go?  Well, it hit 19 degrees for a while and by late afternoon the thermometer is reading 33.

I'm  probably one of the few that's enjoying this weather but being "the only one" about anything has never bothered me.  I've been way more productive today than on most hot summer days.  Aside from some of the chores that I managed to knock off my to-do list, we watched a Michael Cera movie and I spent some time in the pantry shuffling things around.  Among other things today I found that:

because I bought all of the Kool-Aid Fun Fizz tablets at my local Kroger (when it was closing) I will have more than enough to take on my next trip to San Francisco (yea! John!);
that Gorilla Glue is much better than super glue.  I have glued the handle back on my Le Chat cup (instead of another finger) for the last time. Worked great on the pitcher too.
I love my fingerless gloves that Don gave me.(Notice: no glue on the fingers.) However, they make my fingers fat so I can't type with them on.
Ellen has given me several pairs of slipper socks but my pink ones are my favorites and are great for sliding on floors when the mood strikes me  ;-)
The back yard currently looks sad but I will have so much fun finding new plants at the Enchanted Forest come spring.
I never tire of looking at this picture (must be why it's still on my camera) that I took of Snookums and his Daddy sitting by the Charles River in Boston when we went to visit colleges last August.  Mikey's hair has grown out, and he looks a bit more mature now, but he's got that expression that says: "Another picture???"
                                                    My budding capitalist...

Just a few hump day observations from our toasty place on the block...

No comments:

Post a Comment