Sunday, January 9, 2011

Not an ordinary day anymore

Do you ever think about how you go most days without anything out of the ordinary happening so it's just another ordinary day?  I think about that because ordinary would best describe most days in my life.  I am grateful for the ordinary days.  Over the years if a day was less than ordinary, it was not always a good thing.

Today is extra-ordinary because 21 years ago today Sarah Leigh made her grand entrance.  I say grand because she was ten days late.  Had she not been given encouragement by my ob/gyn she would probably still be cooking. (Cooking is okay; she came out a nice round Gerber baby.)  My first miracle, my Bitey B.  After a couple of misses, I finally got it right.  Or maybe my womb got it right.  Either way it doesn't matter.  She's here now: entertaining us and spreading joy, making not only today extraordinary but most days as well.

Happy Birthday 21st Birthday Sarah Leigh, I dance this Gaa for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment