Monday, January 24, 2011

About five for January 24th

It's raining today and the thermometer on the driveway (hung by my dear old Dad) reads 48 degrees.  In my previous life, I would have had a lengthy to-do list staring at me.  Today is a different story.  Between a pinched nerve under my shoulder blade and a winter cold, I'm not feeling as whippy as usual.  I will hunker down under my fuzzy pink blanket (thank you, Ellen), on my dark pink couch and watch movies with Don.

While I may be too worn out from the pain to move around much I can still come up with about five things that I'm thinking about this week.

--5--
It doesn't seem to matter how old your children are, they still manage to share their winter colds. The difference now is that they are old enough to take care of you.  Honestly when I think about, Sarah and Mikey have always been good to me when I'm sick.  I contracted the chicken pox from a classmate of Sarah's when I was 37.  Mikey had not started school at that point and he never left my side.  Sarah brought me my meds on a Barbie tray.  How wonderful is that?
--4--
Wednesday is Margot's birthday.  I have known Margot for most of my life what with both of us living on the same block, however I didn't get to know her well until after Mikey was born.  Margot lives down the block and across the street from our old little house. (The thing about having a nine-to-five job is that often you don't get to know neighbors very well.  Once I stayed home with Sarah and Mikey I got to know a few.)  Anyway, what started out as a relationship based on being neighbors, has blossomed into a friendship that I cherish more than I can express.  I seldom place my trust in someone outside my family; with Margot, it was different.  She is safe.  Happy 80-something birthday, Margot!
--3--
We watch a lot of movies around here.  Within the last week we watched "The Social Network" and "Eat, Pray, Love", both of which I wanted to see.   Both entertained but also made me wonder: to what lengths do people really go to find happiness?  How far do you go?
--2--
Have I mentioned that I sell on Craigslist?  Well, I do.  I love selling on Craigslist.  I get rid of junk that no longer has value to me and I get money for it.  Selling on Craigslist requires a certain amount of patience because being ready to dispose of an item doesn't always translate to an immediate sale.  I have yet to determine whether there is an exact science to selling in so far as timing, etc. but I do believe that being organized about it helps.  Best thing about selling besides the $$$?  I get to meet and visit with so many interesting people that I wouldn't meet otherwise.  Best thing about selling on Craigslist right now?  This weekend I sold something that I've had listed for over a year which finally sold and I didn't have to cut the price!  The best thing about that particular sale?  It wasn't for me, it was for someone else!
--1--
I am obsessed with lists: reading them, writing them.  I'm not sure whether it's my ADD or the feeling that I have so much to do with so little time to get things done and I need some way to keep track, but I love lists. 

What are you obsessed with this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment