Why do I feel so discombobulated today? The worst of the pain from my pinched nerve has dissipated and I seem to have avoided a serious cold so physically I seem to be on the mend. Mentally, I feel loopy.
Today was a normal week day: wake up at 6:15, make sure that Mikey is up and downstairs by 6:30; drink coffee with Mikey while he eats breakfast. Shuffle cars (downside of long narrow driveway) so that Mikey can back out of the driveway safely and Lokin and Sarah have parking spots out front before the ridiculous school traffic begins.
By mid-morning I determined that enough pain had subsided so I decided to go out for a run to loosen up. The weather was pleasant, a bit windy but I pushed on because it felt invigorating to move without pain.
The rest of the day has been decently productive with chores and such but something is nagging me. Why do I feel compelled to pop up and jump back in to my routine before I am truly 100%? Is this a consequence of years of having to get up every morning to get kids off to school? Why can't I be more like my mother? She had the gift of Chill.
All I know now is that my head is "Sinning like a donut" (Bitey-speak for spinning like a donut...) so I am going get into my warm jammies, curl up with a good book and like Scarlett O'Hara, I am going to think about it tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment