I'm thinking about sooooo many things today but I will try to keep it to about five.
--5--
I'm getting worn out with all the viciousness in politics. I don't often pay much attention to politics and politicians. This weekend however, it was difficult to ignore. I would like to think that we/our country will learn something valuable from the events of this weekend but it's tough to be optimistic when so much animosity exists. Enough ranting.
--4--
Sarah has a kind, thoughtful boyfriend. Smart too. Not only does he nurse Sarah when she doesn't feel well, he brings her mother flowers on Sarah's birthday. Every mother should be so lucky.
--3--
I am feeling giddy about the cold weather that we're having this week. I admit that I probably wouldn't do well in a cold climate long-term but I enjoy snuggling in here with Don during the occasional arctic blast. We have enough food, warm drinks and dvds to last a while without having to go out. It's wicked fun like skipping school for a snow day when you were a kid.
--2--
As giddy as I am feeling about the imminent cold weather, I can't help but look at the frostbitten plants in the yard and get excited about planting in the spring. More vegetables, spring flowers! Something to be excited about and look forward to. For now though I will enjoy the cold and sip some hot chocolate.
--1--
Dessert tonight cannot come soon enough for me. There is an ice cream birthday cake in my freezer that is calling my name.

No comments:
Post a Comment