Monday, January 17, 2011

About five for January 17th

Sometimes about five is just not enough.  Often there is "just one more 'saing' " that must be said.

--7--
There is so much value in taking a break from writing.  Although I'm always filled with ideas and thoughts to write about, I have no clarity unless I take a couple of days off.
--6--
My quarter measuring cup is missing.  If anyone finds it, please return it to me.  This is not a case of me over-organizing; it's more a case of my terrible memory and it's making me crazy that I can't find it.  Wondering where I left it is also affecting my ability to focus on what I should be focusing on...
--5--
Taking a break from exercise is okay too.  I know that I ran much further today than I would have if I had braved the cold weather last week to run.
--4--
I need desperately to spend some time creating a new running playlist for my shuffle.  Good music motivates me to push myself when I run.  I love my music from Glee but honestly when I listen to most of it, I am more inclined to want to break out in song and dance than run, which is a frightening prospect considering I dance like Elaine Benis.
--3--
The last of the Christmas spaghetti sauce and meatballs has been consumed so it looks like I will be returning to KP duty.  I am excited and inspired!  There are so many winter meals yet to cook.  Black Bean Casserole is first on the list.
--2--
It dawned on me over the holidays that for the first time in sixteen years, this is the last year we will have a child in public school and more specifically HISD.  A moment of silence while I collect myself.  Okay.  It's happy dance time.  Except for the fact that it means that Michael will be going away to college, I couldn't be more happy.  Sometimes there are happy endings.  ;-)
--1--
With that happy ending comes some exciting new beginnings for all of us: with Michael going off to college and the prospect of Sarah moving out, Don and I might be empty-nesters.  Who knows where that might take us and how much fun it will be?

No comments:

Post a Comment