"About five" is a term coined by Sarah soon after she started talking. When she was little, we would walk down the block to visit with her Nannie and Dan-Dai. When it came time to leave, with my dad walking her to the door holding her tiny little hand, Sarah bid them good bye and strolled down the driveway out to the sidewalk. Always, always when we approached the sidewalk, Sarah stopped, turned around and ran back to the side door on the driveway where she would find my Dad watching and waiting. As Sarah approached him, she would shout: "Dan-Dai, Dan-Dai, Mommie and I will be back 'About Five'". I have to think that like so many of the funny things that came out of her mouth in her early years, this must have come from hearing one of us say as we were headed out some place, that we would be back, about Five.
So. Here are about five things that I'm thinking about today.
--5--
Sarah Leigh is going to be 21 next Sunday. Excited doesn't begin to express how I feel.
--4--
I honestly don't see myself running today unless the thermometer hits 60.
--3--
It's a good thing that my family doesn't mind that the Christmas tree is past it's prime and deserves a final resting place. It's not looking like I'm going to make any progress on taking down the tree today.
--2--
Waiting on news of acceptance to Michael's first choice for college is probably making me crazier than it is him, if only because as his mother I think that he deserves to be accepted to his first college choice. He does though. He
has worked hard.
--1--
It's good to have something new to be excited about.
No comments:
Post a Comment