Thursday, January 27, 2011

Eazy, breezy

Today was beautiful: breezy and coolish but warm in the sun.  Feeling better, I follow (with my breakfast toast in hand) Don and Bubba out to the back yard for a little vitamin d.  I wander around surveying the freeze damage while Don pulls plants from the garage so they can enjoy the warm weather.  I clip Bubba's claws and then feed him butter from my toast.
I watch Don fiddle and piddle with the plants and think about how happy he is being retired, which makes me happy.

I wander around some more and come upon bb's from Mikey's airsoft rifle.  I smile.  I am reminded by something Don once told me: the only difference between men and boys is the size of their toys.
Although I know that we will more than likely have more winter and pulling weeds is a ridiculous waste of time, I pick weeds out of the gravel.  I enjoy picking weeds because it reminds me of when I was a little girl and Daddy would pay me a penny for every weed that I pulled up.
Then, because I seldom know how to just slow down and sit, I walk around taking pictures.
My reliable rosemary next to a brown penta which I will cut:
Bubba, although brown, will not get cut as he has already been "snipped".
After this picture I set my camera down and walk a few feet over to fill the chiminea with branches from the christmas tree for our next fire.  I turn my back and the next thing I hear is Don calling out: "Bubba!"  Devious cat.  He couldn't be happy sunning himself, watching the squirrels chase each other on the fence.  He had to get down off the lounge chair and on to the grass.  He touches down, the green and brown blades of grass tickling his paws getting ready to to take off and run, but I outwit him and scoop him up.  Game over Bubba.  Maybe tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment