Monday, August 29, 2011

About five for August 29

I am having a difficult time staying focused today, probably due to my albeit "composed" excitement about seeing my brother on Thursday when I touch down in San Francisco.  Honestly, writing here is the only thing that I seem to be able to focus on today.  It makes me wonder if I should use this as an opportunity to make a to-do-list to get ready to leave.

Or, I could write down some of the crazy, sometime entertaining thoughts running around my brain.  I will go with that; it has the potential for being more fun.  Plus, everything that needs to get done before I leave, will get done before I fall asleep Wednesday night.  It always does because I am that predictable.

--5--
I have been asked what I do when I go to San Francisco, particularly in light of the fact that the last few visits I stayed a month, as I will this time.  It's not so much what I do or not do. It's more what it does for me.  First and foremost, it allows me to spend time with my big brother. Everything else I do comes after that; and, is usually very unplanned.  I usually end up doing something "touristy" at least once each visit, what that will be this time, remains to be seen. Whatever it ends up being, will no doubt end up here.

--4--
Late yesterday I made arrangements with a person to come by and pick up an item I had listed on Craigslist.  One of the first things I did this morning was to retrieve the item from it's resting place, and move it to my regular pick-up spot. Then I forgot about it.  Completely.  Until 8:00 p.m. when the door bell rang.  Bell rings, Don says, "Nan, are you expecting someone?" Then, I remembered about the pickup!  I'm such a dope.  It worked out fine; exchanged the goods for cash, and we both walked away happy.  I need to do something about this memory thing...

--3--

--2--
One thing I realized while going through pictures lately: I'm certainly not anywhere approaching even amateur photographer but I'm almost always happy with the way my photos turn out.  Isn't that wonderful?

--1--
I left one amusing thing out about Marilyn Monroe I should mention.  When I was a kid growing up in Bellaire, I'm not sure what, if anything my siblings older friends thought of me.  That is, except for Miller Brown, who teased me relentlessly, but in an annoying older brother kind of way.  Not vicious or cruel.  Among other things, he called me Marilyn Monroe.  I have no idea why, except perhaps because of the way that it set me off.  In my mind I go back to a moment when he did such, and I can't for the life of me say why it made me so crazy.  Shoot, I would be thrilled if someone called me Marilyn Monroe today.  That is youth for you!





No comments:

Post a Comment