Saturday, August 20, 2011

100

On a whim, I decided to write, pretty unusual considering how the last 36 hours were.  Then, low and behold I see that it's my 100th entry.  Well, it should be a special entry then.  It feels appropriate that it happened to occur today, the same day at 5:00 we became an empty nest.  5 o'clock.  Not about five. Five o'clock.  What are the odds?  I'm not quite ready to talk about it much except to say that this has been a very special summer.  No matter how prepared you feel you are, and that you know this is right and normal, when it happens, it's heart-wrenching. I will say that the ache in my heart was absolutely worth experiencing because nothing compares to the joys I've had being a mother.  Best part?  I have so much more to look forward to!

Easter 1995 Mikey 2 1/2 & Sarah 5
Valentines Day 1996 - Sarah 6 & Mikey 3 1/2
Mikey & Sarah - 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment