Tuesday, September 6, 2011

About five for September 5

I have been in San Francisco now since the 1st.  I should have a kept a diary but did not.  Perhaps I should take a minute to remember the events of the last five days and write them down before I forget. Not to worry; I won't forget them.  I'm having too much fun to forget.

In fact, here are about five things that I've thought about or done in the last five days.

--5--
We ordered chinese delivery just like on Seinfeld. It's one of my favorite things to do because it's always more fun here than ordering chinese takeout at home.

--4--
After hitting some of my favorite San Francisco retail, I walked down Market Street to the Embarcadero for a glimpse of the Ferry Building. It's quite old, the 1800s I'm guessing, and majestic.  It's one of my favorite landmarks; one that when I see it, makes me know that I am finally in San Francisco.


--3--
The F-trains.  These are San Francisco's historic streetcars that run on "steel triangles" of rails which bring riders to destinations all over the city.  These streetcars are the real deal: these are vintage vehicles that were built in the 19th century that have come from as far away as Australia, Switzerland and Italy, and as near as Johnstown, Pennsylvania.  It's a charming alternative to getting around the city.  Aside from walking, the F-train is my favorite mode of transportation in the city.


--2--
Casper and Romeo.  Two of the most beautiful Siamese nephews a woman could ask for.  Male cats living with two men, it was a few of my visits before they truly trusted me.  Now, I am just as likely to find them in bed with me up in the loft, as not.  They have grown to love this woman who wanders through their lives occasionally and stays awhile.


--1--
The thing I enjoy the most while here is my visits with John.  We stay in touch by phone and email the rest of the year, but nothing beats the conversations we have when I'm here.  Time and distance don't mean a thing; we pick up right where we left off last September.

No comments:

Post a Comment