--5--
Eleven links are left on the chain. ARGH!!
--4--
I had a wonderful visit last week with my cousin and my aunt. I can't say enough about how good it always is to be with them, if only for some hours. The good feeling stays in my heart for days. I am blessed.
--3--
I put in an order for Fall tomato plants today. MY that was thought-provoking! I could actually imagine better weather than the oven that Houston is. Genuinely cooler weather... That is a thought I will hold on to.
--2--
I received good news today. I was diagnosed with Open-Angle Glaucoma in December of 2008. My initial numbers for eye pressure were: 26 R eye, and 20 L eye. This morning I was told that my new numbers are 18 in each eye, with 18 being in the very safe range! What a great way to start off my week, don'cha think?
--1--
We're having a few people over: close family, on Sunday afternoon. A last supper before Mikey heads up to UT. I thought perhaps Mikey and Don would cook up a batch of spaghetti sauce and meatballs, but I decided to give Mikey the choice of the meal.
Having once made the mistake of saying in front of Mikey and Don something to the effect of, "You mean that you want me to stand up and fry chicken for the whole family?" They seized on the way that I said "stand up". I do not recall which smart ass said, "How else would you cook fried chicken? Sitting down? Ever since, and for the rest of my life they will rib me for that. What do I know? I am speaking the way that my mother before me spoke; I figured that all southern ladies spoke the same way.
Yes, I will be "standing up" in my momma's kitchen on Sunday morning frying up a mess of fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and some, as yet undecided delicious veggie. No doubt I will come up with some bodacious dessert so that I can use my pink hander mixer!
Got to send my son off in style!
| Mikey holding a lizard. |
No comments:
Post a Comment