Thursday, May 19, 2011

Forced mental health days

Slowing down is not easy for me.  I'm mostly hyper and I like having projects.  I've made an effort to relax a bit since Don retired.  He's so laid back and while he enjoys having projects to do, he also likes to chill.  I know that's why the kids love him the best.  Even with Mikey's ADD, he knows how to chill.  Sarah? She created the concept and lives it like it's her religion.  I have so many images in my mind of finding the three of them together, in our old den watching Real Monsters, SpongeBob, and Xfiles, to name a few, on television.  Like Don says, "Three white people chillin'."

I could do it for a little while but then my mind would start to wander and then I would get antsy. Eventually I would wander off, which I believe no one ever noticed, and do something else.

With less to do these days and age, I am more inclined to take the day off.  That happened this week. I got worn out so I took several forced mental health days.  While resting, I've been catching up on episodes of Friends, reading magazines, playing scrabble, pretty much anything that can be done from a sofa.

I'm feeling better today; refreshed even.  The timing couldn't be better because tomorrow is a big day.

Michael & his date Heather "Prom Queen"

















No comments:

Post a Comment