About five observations:
--5--
In less than three months Michael will be leaving for college. It doesn't make a bit of difference that I've known for almost 19 years that this day would come. It doesn't make it any easier. All I want to do is crawl into a corner and sob. I have, and I will again and again.
--4--
Oh yea, it doesn't help that Sarah is moving out this summer. Don't tell me that it's normal for your children to grow up and move away because I know that. I was born with the mother gene. I wanted kids and I totally changed my life when Sarah was born because I fell so deeply in love with her. I was not going to have some daycare see all of her firsts. I have never, ever regretted that decision because I believe that while they may have wished that I was out working making a huge salary so they would get more as many of their friends did, I know that they thrived because I stayed home with them.
--3--
It's been 7 months since Casper died and not a day goes by that I don't think about him. He really belonged to Mikey but as kids get older, the cats gravitate to the one that feeds them and until Don retired, that would be me. Casper had the temperament of a dog: loving and loyal. I think that there are going to be animals you don't truly get over, or stop missing. Casper was a sweetie.
This is not a great picture but Casper loved to hang off the second floor at the stairway and catch a small soft basketball.
--2--
It is truly wonderful when something comes together not only as you hope it would, but even better than you dreamed of. Those are my little miracles.
--1--
I am told that I make THE BEST vegetarian chili ever. It's easy to do when I'm cooking it for someone I love.

No comments:
Post a Comment