What a wonderful, fun-filled weekend but it flew by so quickly! Isn't that how the good weekends go? As it has been for the last sixteen years, the month of May has been full of events and activities. There are at least five things going on to keep me on my toes this week.
--5--
Although Michael's birthday was Friday we celebrated yesterday, due to work, school and senior week activities. I know that Michael must be feeling loved because he was gifted generously by all. I have to say that after yesterday, I'm feeling that we should have stock in Ralph Lauren Polo. That young man sure rocks that Ralph Lauren.
--4--
Sarah and her friend have signed a lease for the apartment of their dreams. We are half-way to being an empty nest. I'm excited and I'm proud of me. I could be falling apart at the seams with the idea, but mostly I'm okay. My old man might say that I'm hovering at the edge but I'm trying. He's doing his best to keep me sane.
--3--
Tomorrow evening is the HISD Scholars Banquet for all high school valedictorians and salutatorians in HISD. Another recognition for Mikey and he's not even that excited about it, most likely because a tie is required. Not a surprise. When Sarah was recognized by the HISD Board of Education as a distinguished student at commencement, I was probably more excited than she was. It's all a part of being the mother. I'd like to thank of it as payment for me being drug-free during their deliveries. Drug-free delivery makes for a smarter baby. Good thing I never dropped em' on their head...
--2--
We have had an amazing crop of vegetables: squash, tomatoes, cucumbers and eggplant. They are all so delicious. Every time I bite into a tomato it takes me back to the yummy tomatoes that my grandfather grew. I love a good home-grown tomato and I love that Don likes to grow them.
Dinner tonight: Saute'd tomatoes, mushrooms, squash and onions served over brown rice. I've cooked this before and we never tire of it. Kind of a "Spring-time" comfort food.
--1--
With his recent weight loss, Bubba is finding it easier to climb, which often leads to mischief. I knew that Casper did his share of climbing but have always had the feeling that Bubba refrained. Lately though, Bubba's favorite game is: "The Floor is Lava." In the den and in our bedroom. When caught, as is typical of cats when caught in mid-flight from the back of the chair to the counter, he will look straight at you and lie and say, "How did I get here?"
Bad kittah!

No comments:
Post a Comment