Friday, January 20, 2012

Random thoughts

Within the last couple of years I have begin drinking green tea, often with a favorite flavor blended in.  Not completely taken in by tea at first, I gave myself a while to commit to truly enjoying it.  Today, I can't get enough of it.  I still begin my day with 3+ cups of my French Roast; days without my coffee usually results in someone's death and it's never mine.  By midday I am ready for tea.  Six days out of seven I drink a pot of tea which I know look forward to.  It's always great to find something you enjoy, and be good for you.

I've been thinking that I need to write down the story of Mitch Darling Monkey.  He has in my opinion, quite the storied life and it deserves to be told. Someday I will do that.

Oh my.  I bet that I have 100's of hours of videos of the kids from almost day one for Sarah, to Mikey's Valedictorian speech. Available for purchase on dvd. :)  For awhile now I have wanted to watch the movies, with a couple of reservations. I wasn't sure how it would affect me seeing my parents.  I didn't know if I was ready.  (I'm pleased to report that it was okay and so, very amazing to see them again.  The things I had forgotten, the wonderful things I was reminded of.) More important is that I was concerned that the stress I was under when the kids were small would come across, and that Sarah and Mikey would be horrified and see how I screwed them up.  I decided that seeing the movie, perhaps facing a demon or too, was worth getting to go back in time and watch all of us.

Oh my.  I haven't laughed so hard and so long in foreva'! (as little Mikey would say...)  Seriously, after four hours at one sitting, my cheeks were so sore!  I had forgotten, but not forgotten, how incredibly entertaining Sarah and Mikey were.  They were frickin' non-stop entertainment.  Total ham-bones.  I'm not just saying this because I birthed those two.  Some kids are funny and these two happen to be.  They lucked out to be "annointed" with good genes, inheriting a sense of humor from everyone except perhaps me.  I'm working on that last bug up my ass that seems to keep me so uptight.  Work in progress.  I don't think it's a given that you're born with a sense of humor. Genetics is a plus but it's best taught by example and nurtured.  So yea, they were so funny that there were times I was in tears.  Mikey too.  I've haven't heard him laugh so much in a while.  I like that.

My goal is to watch all of the tapes, edit and revert to dvd.  I plan to take my time and do it right.  These will be available on dvd for purchase.

I went out to Memorial Park the other morning to run, after mostly running in the neighborhood last month. The weather was perfect: not too cold and not too humid.  It struck me that this may be the best, and perhaps only time to run in Houston for me.  Such a pity that Houston has so much else going for it but the weather sucks most of the year.

Eevie
Princess Zelda

No comments:

Post a Comment