We picked up Mikey from Austin on December 15 and took him back on Monday, January 16th. Sarah was done with her finals a few days before Mikey arrived home. Although they had work commitments throughout the holiday, they still managed to make time for us. I can only speak for myself, but in addition to this Christmas having been the best ever, (yea, I
might say that every year...) those 33 days were some of the best days in recent memory.
Sarah and Mikey could have chosen to spend their winter break with friends, but because they value family
almost as much as I do, they hung around here a fair amount. I'm aware that because they are grown, they have choices. The fact that they continue to want to be home with us means more to me than you can imagine. I don't take that for granted. I enjoy their company and yes, next year may be different; but for now, I will savor the memories from this holiday.
 |
| Michael & Sarah |
 |
| Christmas 2011 |
No comments:
Post a Comment