Lately I've been having serious problems with procrastination. I'm sure that no one here has noticed. Many of the tasks that I've been procrastinating about are things that I know need to get done, but no one else cares because they don't know. Think about this: no one else knows, so no one else cares; so I should not care.
I wish that I knew why I've been procrastinating about stuff and why it seems to bother me so much. Maybe because after almost 20 years of running around like the Energizer Bunny on crack, that even with two years of "retirement" under my belt, it continues to feel abnormal to have free time. My ADD might figure into it as well. I mean seriously, I multi-tasked (just to get things done) a long, long time before the term multi-tasking was coined. Most mothers do. Again. Seriously. Is there any other way?
I'm making some adjustments so that I don't procrastinate because that leads to stress. I finished, once and for all, a scrapbooking project. It took a ridiculous amount of time because I didn't want to dive too swiftly because I wanted it to be perfect. The first time. I finished it.
Yep, I'm fairly sure that I am a perfectionist. O God, Jesus! I have high expectations of myself. I am a mess. That's at least two blogs right there. Good place to stop.
I'm taking baby steps. Getting out and getting exercise, eating better and getting around people more because that seems to be best for me. Mostly I am comfortable being with myself but subconsciously I must need more, because on those occasions when I am with people, I am energized! Being energized seems to almost totally eliminate my tendency to procrastinate. What a wicked web my head is!
There is a stigma attached to one who is labeled a procrastinator. I don't need that what with the other jewels rattling around in my brain so now seems a good time to do something.
I'm wondering is: does it make a difference if I procrastinate down to the wire if the job gets done? Am I on the right track or has the train de-railed?

No comments:
Post a Comment