Monday, July 25, 2011

About five for July 25th

I've had an interesting last several days, often asking myself, "How much can you handle without running away?"  I totally get that when things get tough, it's difficult to find the strength to make the effort to fight for something when you know that you're not making any progress. So, here's a list of good things because that's what I need right now.

--5--
Sarah adopted two babies, kitty babies that is. Last week I was lucky enough to babysit these sweet little girls over night.  Oh my goodness I had forgotten how much energy kittens have. They were timid around Bubba but that didn't last.  Before I knew it, they were off for parts unknown.  I found them playing on the stairs and as kittens always do, Evie and Princess Zelda crashed and burned.

Princess Zelda & Evie
LOOK! at those bellies...

--4--
Ice cream.  I love ice cream.  I will move the calories around just so that I can have ice cream instead of dinner.  I'm an adult.  I am the boss of me!  I can do what I want!  I have some great memories about ice cream.  Paw-Paw making homemade Lemon-Orange ice cream.  I don't know how my parents did it, but even when we were dirt poor, when ten p.m. rolled around, someone scooped up the ice cream.  I'm too young to remember how often it was, but it was often enough to remember.  Ice cream soup.  My cousin Susan and I would stir and stir our bowls of ice cream untill the ice cream was soupy.  I taught my kids to make ice cream soup, and Mikey does it to this day.  I do too!

--3--
I had the pleasure of going out to lunch on Saturday with  my family.  While it's always a pleasure to spend time together, this day I hold close to my heart.  What with Michael heading off to college soon and Sarah heading back as well, these times will be rare.  I truly am a lucky girl.

Macoy & Bitey B

--2--
If I've learned anything while being a parent, it's that it is NEVER EVER too soon to speak truthfully to your children about the evil that lurks in this world.  To spare details because you think they are too young to understand, THAT IS INSANE!  If you want to make an impression talk to them before kindergarten.  Keep talking until you're blue in the face because when they hear it over and over, eventually it will register with them.  You owe it to them to be honest; you won't regret it.


--1--
Five years ago I updated my kitchen: granite countertops, ceramic tile floor, new sink and faucet.  The cabinets were in good shape so I left them alone.  The kitchen looks good although the cabinets are beginning to show some age and, recently the faucet (which is in 3 pieces) has tightened up and less "swivvly".  It should swing freely from side to side but isn't.  After studying the owner's manual so that I wouldn't sound like a dumb old girl when I called Kohler with questions, I called Kohler.  I explained that it was tightening up, yada, yada, and that I figured it was a washer or valve, and what do you think Dustin with Kohler?  His take was that it was probably "Internal Calcification" and not to worry, that if I would give him my information he would arrange for a new ($200+) Kohler faucet to be sent out to me *FREE* in 5 - 10 business days.


If I could have reached through the phone and pushed Dustin out of his chair like Elaine Benis and said, "GET OUT"; I would have.  How often does that happen?  I know there are companies that still operate old school and make right by their customers, it's just rare so I was unprepared. WHOOP, WHOOP!!


It's a Kohler, Baby!
HAPPY MONDAY, HAPPY WEEK!

No comments:

Post a Comment