--5--
I am helping my second cousin on my fathers', mothers' side of the family, compile new information for the Rogers Family History. The only problem is that I'm behind on my part and I can't get any focus. I wonder, "Is it my ADD or am I suffering from Summer-itis? Either way, I need to get busy because I told her that I would put the information together on Daddy's mother and I'm going to be mortified if I'm not ready when I told her I would be.
--4--
I've been to Sarah's apartment a couple of times now. It's so cute, so very Sarah with some Lauren mixed in. I am so excited for Sarah. Did I mention that Sarah has a River Oaks address? Seriously! Which leads to...
--3--
When Sarah and Mikey in elementary school, they were each enrolled in the Gifted and Talented Programs. Years ago, Don and Mikey were driving through River Oaks, Mikey staring longingly at the beautiful homes they were passing. Don said, "Mikey, this is where the gifted and talented adults live." (Mikey's new goal.) Knowing Mikey, he was probably trying to figure out how to score a house in this neighborhood. Had Sarah been in the car that day, figuring out how to own one of those houses probably would not have been on Sarah's mind. Yet, Sarah is the one with the River Oaks address. Hmmm. I could have predicted that this might happen.
--2--
It's not like I sit around wasting too much time on the computer every day. I use the computer as a resource (like most people) so in a given day, if one passes by me, they might see me pecking away on my computer. However, I am not goofing off; I am definitely doing something important.
--1--
When Sarah and Mikey were 8 years and 6 years old, they had a "laboratory" out the kitchen door, down the step to the patio, at the little house down the street. I gave them supplies from around the house: bottles and cups, liquids (vinegar) and powders (baking soda) to mix their various concoctions. I loved those days. I could give them simple supplies and their little imaginations would take off. I should have known though, that Mikey would grow up and want to make research his life's work. He came to me one day to discuss his lab. He said, "Mommie, would you please remove your clothes from your closet so that I can have my lab indoors?" To which I replied, "Mikey, you are a MAD scientist!" Mikey: "No Mommie! I am an ANGRY scientist!" Sarah on the other hand, not so much interested in the Science as in the service end. Always, always, both with a smile.
Mikey 6 yrs. & Sarah 8 yrs.
June, 1998
No comments:
Post a Comment