I thought that I had to write multiple paragraphs rather than just a random thought here and there. Then, I stopped writing anything because I felt that what I was writing mattered only to me. About the time I thought, "why bother?", I also realized that the sole reason I should write is because it is for me. If along the way someone else enjoys what I have to say, then it's a two-fer. After all this thinking, I have decided to start writing something, anything; even the weird thoughts that wander aimlessly through my brain, (often times at the speed of a BART train) because most days I have a lot to say and so I might as well write it down. (It goes without saying that writing gives Don a break from my constant babbling.)
Where to begin, considering at the moment I have (at least) a half-dozen thoughts running around my brain vying for my attention? PICK ONE, NAN! JUST DO IT!
How about that I have done almost every task/chore on my to-do list that I made when I was in San Francisco? No small feat considering that I have been home only 20 days and, as it always seems to be, unexpected things tend to pop up that are more pressing than what's on my to-do list.
Some of what I accomplished were things that I don't technically have to have done until year end/year beginning: donation schedule, rent income/expense schedules and medical expenses. The other things were projects that needed to be finished such as putting the fifth bedroom back together after having repainted since Sarah's move to River Oaks. (lol!), and repainting the fifth bedroom bathroom. Having completed the bedroom/bathroom project (okay, we still need to do something about the light fixture but the room is liveable), I will move on to the last two projects on my list: emptying out two closets.
In between the aforementioned projects, I am going to make a more concerted effort to write something, because not writing has left me feeling like something is missing from my life. Oh yeah, I'm also going to keep posting pictures that make me smile or laugh or remember something good from my life, because I have a good life. One that deserves to be written about from time to time.
No comments:
Post a Comment