Sunday, June 3, 2012

Cellular & Biomolecular Biomedical Engineering

When Mikey was a little boy, he loved basketball. Really, really loved basketball.  So much so, that he collected basketball jerseys, lots of them. Team basketballs too.  Like most boys who love basketball, he wanted to play professional basketball.  I would ask him if he was going to buy me a house some day when he made a lot of money... like all good professional basketball players do for their mothers.
Sarah 3yrs. & Mikey 10 1/2 mths.
Sarah & Mikey ~ Summer 2001
Somewhere along the way, he made a career-choice change to (I hope that I'm getting this right) Cellular & Biomolecular Biomedical Engineering.  I had to look it up... a couple of times... before I understood it.  Now I get it.  There are not a lot of spots for white boys in basketball so it was a smart career change and, one I believe that Mikey is well suited for.

Recently I came across this article which gave me more understanding of what Mikey will be making his life's work.  I have to say, this works for me.  I could go for his discovering a cure for Glaucoma for me, rather than buying me a house.

http://www.livescience.com/20501-gallery-art-biomedical-research.html

Michael 10 yrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment