From day one, we have referred to the bedroom upstairs at the back of the house as "the fifth bedroom". Over the years it's had various uses, thus various names (we name our rooms and our furniture; that's another story), but for me it will always be the fifth bedroom, probably because that is how Daddy referred to it. ;)
It's last use was as Sarah's bedroom. After she moved out, I decided to paint over the Pepto Bismal pink. It was time; I was over it. I've worked on the room in pieces, which is a great luxury. It has allowed me to create the room that I wanted.
It's been mostly complete, in need of some finishing touches which I have been working on: hanging family photographs and buying Ralph Lauren mint green bedsheets with pink roses; so pretty! It was a gratifying project which never fails to make me smile when I walk in the room. Sarah has a beautiful new room to sleep in when she visits, which she occasionally does; and I have a personal retreat, so that when I vant to get away 'dahling, I don't have far to go.




No comments:
Post a Comment